ATLANTA, Dec. 11, 2023 — Miller Zell’s Bentonville office recently earned certification from the Sustainable Green Printing Partnership (SGP), joining our Atlanta headquarters as one of just 69 print facilities in the nation to be honored for its dedication to environmentally friendly policies and practices.
SGP certification elevates a facility into an elite group, recognized by both print buyers and the printing industry. SGP has the endorsement and support of leading print organizations, including the PRINTING United Alliance and the Flexographic Technical Association.
Miller Zell, a branded environments solutions company and a leading provider of screen and digital-based printing, hosted the SGP Sustainability Summit in October. Birdley James, Miller Zell’s SGP/Employee Health & Wellness coordinator and Compliance Manager and Press Supervisor, was elected to the SGP Board of Directors in 2022.
“Sustainability is part of our core values at Miller Zell,” Miller Zell CEO Chip Miller said. “It is driven by the focus and dedication of our associates, as well as by the business goals of our client partners.”
SGP is the only whole-facility certification program operating within the graphic communication industry. To become SGP certified, a facility must pass an independent, third-party audit that uses a publicly vetted set of standards, which are aligned with published SGP criteria, including:
- A sustainability policy that includes elements addressing environmental health and safety (EHS) compliance, pollution prevention, continual improvement and stakeholder communication
- An active sustainability management system (SMS) and a sustainability committee that meets at least twice a year
- Commitment to U.S. EPA and OSHA regulatory compliance for U.S. facilities, commitment to federal, provincial and municipal requirements in Canada
- Environmental, health and safety and energy audits every two years
- An air emissions reduction assessment and indoor air quality evaluation
- Adoption of the mandatory best practices developed specifically for the printing industry and tracking sustainability metrics.
Read more about Miller Zell’s promise of Social Responsibility.