ATLANTA, Nov. 14, 2022 — Miller Zell earned recertification from the Sustainable Green Printing Partnership (SGP) this month, an honor that demonstrates our ongoing dedication to environmentally friendly policies and practices.
Miller Zell, a branded environments solutions company and a leading provider of screen and digital-based printing, is one of just 61 companies in the nation to earn SGP certification, which certifies a printing facility’s operations as sustainable.
“Sustainability is fundamental to Miller Zell’s business practices and is driven by a deep commitment from our associates,” Miller Zell CEO Chip Miller said. “Our dedication to the SGP Partnership makes us a better organization and partner for our clients.”
Birdley James, Miller Zell’s SGP/Employee Health & Wellness coordinator and Compliance Manager and Press Supervisor, was elected to the SGP Board of Directors a year ago.
To become SGP certified, a facility must pass an independent third-party audit aligning it with the published SGP criteria including:
- A sustainability policy that includes elements addressing environmental health and safety (EHS) compliance, pollution prevention, continual improvement and stakeholder communication
- An active sustainability management system (SMS) and a sustainability committee that meets at least twice a year
- Commitment to U.S. EPA and OSHA regulatory compliance for U.S. facilities, commitment to federal, provincial and municipal requirements in Canada
- Environmental, health and safety and energy audits every two years
- An air emissions reduction assessment and indoor air quality evaluation
- Adoption of the mandatory best practices developed specifically for the printing industry and tracking sustainability metrics
This is the only whole-facility certification program operating within the graphic communication industry, a third-party program that uses a publicly vetted set of standards.
SGP certification elevates a facility into an elite group, recognized by both print buyers and the printing industry. SGP has the endorsement and support of leading print organizations including PRINTING United Alliance and Flexographic Technical Association.
Miller Zell ranks 33rd in the U.S. and Canada in annual print sales volume and fifth in wide-format signs and graphics. We also are certified as a G7 Master Qualification Colorspace printer.
Read more about Miller Zell's promise of Social Responsibility.
To learn more about working with SGP, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.sgppartnership.org.