Retail Evolving℠: Your customers care about the environment and sustainability.
73% of consumers would change buying habits to reduce environmental impact.
It’s clear that retailers need to communicate to their customers what actions they are taking toward improving their environmental footprint. Edelman’s 2022 “Trust Barometer” noted, “Societal leadership is now a core function of business.”
It also found that 58% of consumers “will buy or advocate for brands based on their beliefs and values” and that 52% believe businesses “will buy or advocate for brands based on their beliefs and values” and that 52% believe businesses “are not doing enough to address climate change.”
Miller Zell is committed to environmentally friendly policies and practices to take care of the earth and provide upstream sustainability support to our clients. Here are a few of the ways we weave “green” into our daily operations.
- In 2022, Miller Zell announced our commitment and plan to reduce landfill waste from our production facility by 50% by 2030.
- Miller Zell is a Sustainable Green Printing (SGP) facility, making us just one of 61 companies nationwide to achieve this certification.
- We installed a one-megawatt solar array on the roof of our corporate office to generate renewable electricity at a rate of 1,470,000 kWh per year over the next 25 years. Additionally, this solar production will offset our non-renewable energy use by nearly one-half each year and reduce our annual carbon footprint by 1,206 tons.
- Miller Zell adheres to a comprehensive recycling program, including the use of a process to recycle ultraboard, which is 40% of the company’s raw materials.
- Our in-house cafeteria uses green and recycled products, while the company also uses environmentally friendly Ecolab pest control. Further, we insisted on the use of native plants for landscaping around our headquarters, thereby requiring the use of less water.
As Tom Ertler notes in the video above, the “Why?” here is simple and straightforward: “It’s our planet. And we only have one.”