ATLANTA, Nov. 19, 2019 — Miller Zell is again celebrating a good year of revenue and growth as 2019 winds down, but we also want to celebrate the charitable organizations that contribute so much to our community.
Our associates, on their own and as representatives of Miller Zell, worked with a number of outstanding charities over the past year:
- The Alzheimer’s Association and Daughters Against Alzheimer’s are relentless in their efforts to raise research funds to find a cure. Miller Zell sponsors and participates each year with these organizations and Miller Zell CEO Chip Miller appeared on CBS46 Peachtree TV to share his personal story.
- Wellspring Living is committed to transforming the lives of those at-risk or victimized by sexual exploitation. Miller Zell was proud to again be a sponsor for their annual gala.
- Great Cycle Challenge USA raises money for Children’s Cancer Research. The Miller Zell team rode 661 miles in June and raised $2,900 for this great cause.
- The Chattahoochee Hospice Pro-Am Charity Golf Tournament supports indigent or unfunded care for patients in need. Miller Zell associates were proud to participate.
- Cleaning and maintaining the Buffalo Creek Nature Trail in Carrollton, Ga., is an important job, one that has attracted more than 20 Miller Zell associates multiple times over the past year.
Miller Zell tried to do its part, too. The Miller Zell Foundation contributed over $235,000 to 80 different charities in 2019. Further, our 12th Annual Charity Golf Classic raised $124,000 for the fight against breast cancer. The tournament has now raised over $544,000 for breast cancer research over the past decade.
It comes down to people, businesses and organizations wanting to make a positive difference. We are thankful for those who strive to make our world a better place.