Helping raise awareness and funds
Miller Zell Walks to End Alzheimer’s
On September 16, the Miller Zell family joined together to help raise awareness and funds to fight Alzheimer's Disease at the annual Walk to End Alzheimer’s. Organized by the Alzheimer's Association, the event takes place in more than 600 locations across the U.S. and is the world's largest event supporting Alzheimer’s care, research and support.
Our gold sponsorship of the Walk is one more example of our commitment to strengthening our community and actively participating in positive change.
We encourage you to join the fight against Alzheimer’s as well. Here are some facts that drive our involvement:
- Alzheimer's Disease is an epidemic
- It’s the only cause of death in the top 10 in America that cannot be prevented, cured or slowed.
- Almost two-thirds of Americans with Alzheimer’s disease are women.
- One in three seniors dies with Alzheimer’s or another dementia.
- Alzheimer’s disease is the sixth-leading cause of death in the United States.
- More than 5 million Americans are living with the disease.
- There are more than 15.9 million caregivers of people with Alzheimer’s and other dementias in the United States.
- In the United States, someone develops Alzheimer’s every 66 seconds.
- In 2016, 15.9 million American caregivers provided an estimated 18.2 billion hours of unpaid care valued at $230.1 billion.
- In 2017, Alzheimer's will cost the United States $259 billion. This number is expected to rise to over $1 trillion by 2050.
Learn more at: alz.org/walk